A few weeks ago, I published a post titled 8 Annoying Things That Clients Say to Graphic Designers – Part 1. There was such a great response from the visitors that I’ve decided to post part two as a list of reader suggestions.
As graphic designers we are approached by clients on a daily basis for work. Many are professional, but some are not. Below is an addition to the collection of things clients say, which are frustrating, yet slightly humorous.
- CLIENT: “I need a website. How much will that be?” – submitted by anonymous
- CLIENT: “Yes, I want you to design something. No, I don’t know what it should look like. No I can’t tell you what to put into it. You’re the designer, make it look good. Something artsy. Oh, and do it fast because the client doesn’t want to spend much money.” – submitted by PhpDesigns
- CLIENT: “The logo needs to be bigger.” – Dave Aldrich
- CLIENT: “It should only take you about an hour…” – submitted by Mixture Magazine
- CLIENT: “It’s pretty easy, isn’t it? And after all nowadays it’s all done by computers.” – submitted by Nic
- CLIENT: “Can you teach me how to design it myself so I don;t have to bother you again. I have a limited budget ($10) and can not afford to pay you to do it.” – submitted by Nicholas Nelson
- CLIENT: “I’ll have my assistant send the logo over. She designed it in Word.” – nancyG770
- CLIENT: “My wife’s favorite color is orange. Can you do the logo in orange?” – submitted by Michelle
I’m looking to expand the list so feel free to post suggestions in the comment thread. Thanks!